Sunday, March 1, 2015

Daniel Nava Attempting to Abandon Switch Hitting in 2015

(September 11, 2014 - Source: Ed Zurga/Getty Images North America)

Per NESN.com, Daniel Nava will attempt to abandon his switch hitting roots in 2015, and begin hitting exclusively from the left side of the plate, at least for the time being.

The 32-year old outfielder was demoted to AAA Pawtucket on April 23 last season, after hitting just .149/.166/.269 in his first 23 games, with only four extra-base hits and three runs batted in.

“I struggled from the right side last year, and being that I wasn’t getting consistent at-bats, it’s worth a shot because maybe it’ll allow me to get some more at-bats,” said Nava at JetBlue Park on Saturday.

“My swing is still the same. It’s more or less the setups so that I can see the ball better,” stated Nava. “From the right side, you’ve got both of your eyes. But from the left, from what I’ve seen, it’s just a little more challenging.

“The swing is still the same, and my approach is still the same, as well. So hopefully with the approach, it’ll give me a little bit easier of a transition.”

Continue Reading via Baseball Essential 

No comments:

Post a Comment